Body Transformation Made Simple
Today’s lifestyle has us running around at warp speed and we barely ever get a chance to slow down and take time for ourselves.
I look at it as being trapped by living in a way that is not our own.
Due to this type of living we are now forced and have been for some time to stop for fast food while on the go, having quick meals at our desk while working and more often than not we are having fewer sit-down meals with our family.
Now this might not be all of you, but I would guess that it’s most. I’ve been victim of this type of lifestyle.
I can guarantee that everything above is causing you to feel:
Less connected than ever before even if you are constantly scrolling through Facebook and Instagram or whichever platform you use….
Anxiety is happening more and more, we get home at night and can’t even deal with the what’s for dinner question or better yet you get so frustrated that you shut down and by the time you know it, it’s 10pm and time to go to bed.
We have become a society of mindlessness and it’s killing us slowly.
Here’s the thing, you can continue to live in the way you are now and suffer at every turn or make the change that you know will have you living in an environment that is less stressful on a daily basis.
We all have this choice and if you say well that sounds great and all but how can I even do that with the demands that life puts on us today?
HOW CAN WE CHANGE THIS?
It’s simple, YOU CANNOT CONTROL WHAT HAPPENS OUTSIDE OF YOURSELF BUT YOU CAN CONTROL HOW YOU RESPOND TO WHAT’S HAPPENING OUTSIDE OF YOURSELF.
This is a statement that I use often with myself. I use it consistently in my coaching programs to help people shift their perception of what they believe to be real to creating their true reality.
I hope you see that the way in which you are living daily is not mindful, healthful and doesn’t serve you and your goals.
Here are just some simple steps to making sure you start living the way we were all meant to and not responding to outside influences that do not matter.
Meditation: this is being used more and more in our society today and it should be, it’s been around for thousands of years. Meditation is a practice where an individual uses a technique – such as mindfulness, or focusing their mind on a particular object, thought or activity – to train attention and awareness, and achieve a mentally clear and emotionally calm and stable state.
What are some of the benefits?
- Reduces Stress. Stress reduction is one of the most common reasons people try meditation
- Controls Anxiety
- Promotes Emotional Health
- Enhances Self-Awareness
- Lengthens Attention Span
- May Reduce Age-Related Memory Loss
- Can Generate Kindness
- May Help Fight Addictions
So, from this you can see that this will allow you to gain control over yourself again. There are many free apps and guided meditations that will help you through this process. If you find it difficult to still your mind, don’t worry we all do at first. It’s only with practice that you will be able to meditate for longer periods each time. I use meditation in my coaching program.
Mindfulness: now I know some of you have heard this word thrown around recently and most people don’t really understand what it means. Mindfulness is the psychological process of bringing one’s attention to experiences occurring in the present moment, which one can develop through the practice of meditation and through other training.
Sounds simple, but unfortunately in our fast-paced world we have lost this and it’s a heavy price we are paying. We have more overweight kids than ever before, more kids anxious than ever before, and adults are feeling the same way. Our lives have gotten out of control and anxiety has taken over as we are not taking the time to be mindful of what we are thinking, feeling and doing every day.
We need to stop this behavior and gain control.
- Eat mindfully: do not eat at your desk, this behavior of eating at your desk doesn’t allow for your mind to observe the fact that you are feeding your body. You are mindlessly eating and before you know it your mind doesn’t connect with your body and you end up eating more than you need. Kids are the worst these days, they bring snacks and full meals into their rooms, while playing Xbox or something else they eat and they are not paying attention to what’s entering their mouth and before they know it somehow an hour later they are still hungry. Your mind has not told your body that you are full because the action of focusing on something else has taken over the minds communication with its digestive system.
- Observe your breathing: pay attention to what your body is telling you, breathing has a world of knowing and you can change what your doing and how you are feeling in an instant by observing this. Slow it down by taking a walk and regaining control of your thoughts rather than being bombarded by everything around you.
- Get lost in the flow of doing things you love: One of my favorites! I play guitar, and this allows me to let go of everything that I was thinking and feeling at that moment. I truly get lost in the notes and chords and all my thoughts are gone for the moment. This is a form of meditation. We must do more things that spark our soul at the deepest level.
These are just a few of the ways to gain control of what’s happening from day to day. This is how you transform your body, by regaining control over YOU again.
We are reacting and not doing more of being proactive. Our minds are stressed, and our bodies are stressed. We are gaining weight and we don’t know why, we are working out, eating healthy or making better choices but we cannot change our body.
Our emotions are packaged up in our body, and if not released through this practice above we will add to the package, (pounds). We store our emotions, like we do with food. Release them by being mindful of what’s going on with you.
This all takes practice and we know it’s not easy and some of this might be foreign to you, but we at Soul Warrior know it to be true. We cannot stress enough that now is the time to change and take massive action towards the person you want to be and stop being the person that everyone else wants you to be.
Schedule a complimentary wellness consult to discuss how we can help
Feel free to reach out with any questions
Soul Warrior Consulting, Inc.
Soul Warrior Consulting, Inc. is a Health & Wellness Company. They change people’s lifestyles! Main office is located at Pro-Fitness Plus 333 Boston Rd, Billerica MA 01821 they have Group Training Classes, Personal Training, Nutrition Programs, Meal Plans & Food Psychology Coaching. In Home Personal Training, Coaching Calls, Corporate Wellness Programs and more are also offering in our lineup of services. Setup your free consult and see for yourself!